Friday, January 18, 2008

R.R.O.D.

My dreaded nightmare came true. What is supposed to be the Ring of Light has produced the infamous Red Ring Of Death lights.

After about 3 times during online matchmaking with Halo 3 today, my Xbox had enough. Games would freeze, the box wouldn't boot up, all sort of different issues were going on. I called tech Xbox telephone support and after troubleshooting for about 5 minutes, it was determined that I would need it to get serviced/replacesd through its covered warranty plan.

A friend of mine just had this happen to him (along with about a million other people) and it took him 3 weeks to get a replacement. Good thing I didn't go out and drop money on the new Call of Duty 4 this afternoon...

1 comment:

  1. [...] my Xbox is out of commission and my wife being out of town the country for 2 weeks, I think I may be playing these Windows games [...]

    ReplyDelete