Friday, January 25, 2008

Peanut Butter what?!

Have you heard of this place? Its called PB Loco and there is a cafe located in the MOA on the 1st floor near Sears. Well, I saw the cafe while shopping/killing time before a Vikings game last December and it reminded me of a Munchcast podcast episode I listened to a few weeks back. The podcast was about peanut butter (PB) and all its glory (what people make with it, etc). It mentioned this store in it so I decided to stop in and take a look.

After staring at the menu for about 5 minutes, kind of afraid to try one of their samples, I went for it. I samples their peanut butter- curry/thai flavor...Wasn't bad! I then tried the peanut butter-sun dried tomato flaor...Not bad either! Well after debating it in my head, I thought, "what the heck", and ordered a PBBLT which was their version of a PB and BLT sandwich.

The sandwich had the PB-sun dried tomato flor on it with bacon, lettuce and mayo. I took my sandwich to go and sat near the Rachel Ray book signing line. I tried the sandwhich and....thought it wasn't too bad! You could kind of taste the PB and kind of the sun-dried tomato...Overall the sandwich wasn't bad!

PS: no I did not get anything signed by Rachael Ray, I hopped on the LRT to the Metrodome before she came out.

No comments:

Post a Comment