Saturday, January 5, 2008

Movie Review: Shoot 'Em Up

I thought I'd start another type of post; a quick, down and dirty movie review. I don't consider myself a movie 'buff' but I do like to watch one at least one a week. As a matter of fact I hardly see any movies except at home on DVD or through satellite. Well, here's my first down and dirty review:

Title: Shoot 'Em Up
Plot:The title says it all; the first scene to the last - gun shooting. Here's the plot according to IMDB.com:

"A man named Mr. Smith delivers a woman's baby during a shootout, and is then called upon to protect the newborn from the army of gunmen."

My Review: A movie I would say is a cross between Sin City and Die Hard: Live Free or Die Hard. The first scene from this movie had me thinking twice about even watching this. I struggled to get through Sin City do to the violence and cinematography and laughed at the predictability and outrageous scenarios "John McClane" had to deal with in the latest Die Hard flick.

Like it sounds, it was dumb. The other thing was regarding the scenarios that "Smith" (who was played by Clive Owen) encountered and got through 'untouched' was absolutely ridiculous! This movie is for someone who likes straight-up shoot 'em type movies. I did end up watching the whole thing but not sure how I did considering it was 86 minutes long.

No comments:

Post a Comment