Thursday, May 3, 2007

Embarq

So with the buyout of Road Runner by Comcast in my area, we've made the switch to Embarq high speed DSL, formerly Sprint. When the buyout and switch first went through, we received a letter stating that "nothing was going to change"... Well the biggest change they could have done actually took place...the monthly rates! Seeing we don't have cable TV or phone service through them, our rates were going to go up about $25 a month! Screw that! Unfortunetly there are not many providers out here in my area so I thought I was stuck with Comcast or dialup.

Luckily I drove home one day to see a billboard for Embarq. I had seen some trucks in my neighborhood, so I looked them up online and called in. I was pleased to hear that they did provide service to my area and almost immediately signed up! After checking a few things out, I signed up. There was some delay in the phone number transfer from Vonage to Embarq, but after a few phone calls, things finally went through. We've signed up for a 5Mb download transfer rate and a 768Kb upload rate which is about what the cable service provided. All this and we're basically saving about $20 a month! I'm sure you'll hear from me if the service is bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment