Saturday, May 17, 2008

Chaska Veterans Memorial 5k results

My 2nd 5k EVER in 2 weeks. Not sure if it was overkill but it was something to shoot for. This one was in Chaska, MN and was a run/race to help raise money for a Veterans Memorial at a local park.

This run was quite different than the New Prague one - basically it was downhill for the first half and uphill the other half. Not as many people which made it a bit harder to keep up a competitive pace.

Overall I finished in 17th place with a time of 26 minutes 51 seconds (Results are posted here). Better than I thought given the condition of the course and how I was feeling! Not sure what race I'll do next, but plan on doing at least once a month and think I'll be doing a mini-triathlon at the end of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment