Thursday, October 9, 2008

IRS Episode 001

Welcome to my 1st podcast on the SiaNet Radio network. Sianet Radio is an independent, online radio show/stream/podcast put on by my old friend, Chris. We've shared the stage many, many times back when I was in an all original rock outfit here in the cities. Chris still plays and is very much active in the local music scene and has put together a nice following of his show. So a few weeks I called him and pitched him an idea I had for a show - The Independent Rawk Show. I'll be referring to it as IRS (cuz it sounds cooler) and I hope to put one out about once a week or so. I'm sure the show will evolve from it's current form as I'd like to incorporate more talk in some form. For this first show, I've featured some cool bands I know, have met, played with or seen. Here's the list in order of appearance:

Dropnickel, Redoverlunar, Casanatra, Kwang, Pretty Far Gone, Condo

I don't talk a heck of alot, but I at least make my vocal debut. I guess that year working at the Winona State University radio station, KQAL finally paid off! This innagural show is a short 20 minute one which can be listened to here or subscribed to via iTunes hereHope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment