Monday, December 17, 2007

Hulu

So with alot of TV show content moving to the web these days, I thought I would share with you a new site to view TV shows online. It's called Hulu. Right now its in 'beta' which means its not open to everyone. I was lucky enough to get invited to the beta process which was pretty exciting.

Hulu is a video on-demand type site which allows you to login and watch many different TV shows put out by FOX, NBC and perhaps a few others. The online, streaming videos are of decent quality. You have a capability of 'popping-out' the video to a small, individual player/window which will allow you to position the window wherever you'd like.

Overall I am impressed with the variety of shows and quality of the video. With the ease of use, I can see this becoming pretty popular. The only downsides that I see is you can't download the video to your pc - you have to stream it from their site. The other downside is you have to endure a few 30 sec advertisement video clips scattered throughout the show (basically the places where you would normally take a commercial break).

I think I'll continue to use this but ultimately I'd like the ability to download the files. I think the future of TV is in downloaded content which in turn will allow you to play the programming whenever you'd like...kind of like tivo.

No comments:

Post a Comment