Monday, December 10, 2007

Back to reality

I am finally getting bac into the swing of things such as computers, cell phones and work. After being home for 3 days, I am finally getting around to telling you a bit about my trip to Jamaica for a much needed 8 daya vacation for me and my wife.

It didn't start out very well. I set th alarm the night before to haveus up and ready to go by 4:15am, however due to my over excitement or giddiness, I set the alarm for PM instead of AM. I happened to be up at 3:15 but just wanted to close my eyes for a few minutes to only awaken when it was 5:00am!! Needless to say we bolted out the door and ditchedour plas of dropping off our car and taking the LRT in to the airport.

We dd catch our flight. Thank goodness there was no-one that early! Our flight was a good one except for the fat that I think my wife sat next to a guy that was being deported for the first leg; he spoke no english and seemed to have a talk, marschall-type guys sitting directly behind him and then next to a younger lady whom was getting airsick.

Jamaica was awesome, we landed in the afternoon and were greeted with smiles and Red Stripe Beer but only after sitting in line for an hour to go through customs/immigration. Our shuttle took us to Negril to stay at the Sandals Negril resort. The 1.5 ride was't too bad as it gave us an opportunity to look at the real-sideof Jamaica; not the nice, fancy and clean resort we are accustomed to.

We stayed in Negril for 4 days. We enjoyed the awesome beach, great water and excellent scuba diving. Although we did have to pay to get a 'refresher course' for our diving, we enjoyed the underwater life very much. We ran into the young lady whom was on the airsick on the plane and got know her and her newlywedded husband; we ended up hangin out with them on a few occasions. The couple Shaun and Wayne Hoffner were from the Fargo, ND area.

On the 4th day we took the long shuttle back to Montego Bay to stay at the Sandals Royal Carribbean resort. While there we did muc of the same. We hung hung out more at the pool as the shoreline was not as nice as Negril. While there we met some old friends who work in the dive dept; we had a great time with these guys last time as well as this time round.We met up with a couple from London, Andrew and Jo. We spent alot of time at the pool with the and even went out to dinner with them a few times. They were great. By the last day weather was picking up and the seas were making up 10-12ft swells; I am glad were not able to dive because the previous days dives had us sitting in a 20ft boat enduring 5-6ft swells. That was enough for me.

Needless to say our vacation time was short. We wish we could have stayed but we also missed our kids. The flight home was long as we would expect. We were lucky enough to get home a little bit early due to some weather issues in Detroit; we ended up taking a flight to Memphis them back home. Needless to say I thin I lost my tan during my 2 minute sprint from the LRT to the car; my lungs went into shock I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment