Thursday, August 23, 2007

Samsung LN-T4061F - 40" of pure enjoyment

I finally got one! After months ad months of not being able to play last years' X-mas gift, we made the dive and got a 40" flat panel LCD by Samsung. I've had it up for about a week now and I am still impressed by the quality of the HD picture.


I was originally looking for a 37" sized on but after researching, I discovered not many manufacturers made them. I was impressed by the Samsung models and from what I've heard from friends as well as salespeople in the stores, Samsung was probably the best. Well, Samsung doesn't make a 37"! So I contemplated going bigger due to the room it was mainly going to be in, but decided to do it. I did the whole pricing thing between Circuit City, Ultimate Electronics and Best Buy. I ultimetly went with the latter due to price-matching as well as their Rewards Zone program.

The 1st best thing is I set it up and plugged in the 'rabbit ear' antenna that I aready had running through the house. After plugging it into the new TV, I had about 90% of the channels already in HD quality! KARE 11 and KSTP 5 are probably the best looking because the broadcast in 1080i resolution. The other stations have an "HD" channel but its usually only in 480i res and therefore not as good. The 2nd best thing is that the Xbox 360 simply looks amazing. I can't wait to get gaming on that thing!

For those who have not experienced HD, do it! I have yet to get into the HD/Blu-ray DVD discs but think I will get there some day. Until that day, I am using DVD player that 'upscales' your normal DVD's so they compare closely to the quality of HD/Blu-ray; not bad but not nearly as good as pure HD content.

2 comments:

  1. [...] I thought about what was happening (which was I was about to sit down and watch Heroes on my new HDTV) so foir asplit second I though maybe someone had telepathically sent brainwaves to bust the thing [...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] Ben10:31 pmAdd comment With the purchase of my kickin’ TV and my x-mas gift from last year, I went out and ‘committed’ myself to playing a game: [...]

    ReplyDelete