Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Tick bite = mid-Summer illness


Well, most of you know I came down with something on Friday July 7th. First symptom was the chills. I left work and headed for home. After rotating spells of chills, the sweats tagged with high fever (105.7 was the highest I had) I finally went into Urgent Care in Shakopee the following Saturday night. Right away I was admitted to the ER and immediately injected with IV fluids as I was dehydrated. I was there for about 3 hours and was released with a subscription of Vicodin for any pain and said it should pass it 12 hours.

Long story short, I was still out of it come Monday morning and therefore went back to the ER. After 8 hours in there and several drugs, x-rays, MRI, CAT scans, I was finally admitted to the Hospital that was on-site. I was treated with various pain meds as well as Doxycycline, a med to cover a few tick-born diseases. After a few days I did get better and was finally released on the evening of July 12th. I have to take the Doxycycline for a total of 14 days then go back for a checkup. Even though my test came back negative, the Doctor deemed me with having Ehrlichiosis. All my symptoms are in-line with this tick-born illness.
To find out more on what I had, click on these links:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/ehrlichiosis/DS00702/DSECTION=1
http://www.google.com/search?=Ehrlichiosis

2 comments:

  1. Benny, you rule. Let me tell you if I was blogging about a computer problem, you'd laugh your ass off. That's why I got such a kick out of your subscription for Vicodin. Do they send you one a month for a year? Kinda stingy if you ask me! Thanks for a great laugh - ultimately I'm glad you're feeling better. (prescription)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know alot about Vicodin but I do know that I don't really care for it; it messes with my head. Yeah I got 2 subscriptions for Vicodin. One on that Saturday and then another set once I was released from the hospital. I guess they are not worried about me getting addicted to it...

    Still feeling better!

    ReplyDelete