If you're ever looking to take advantage of the gorgeous gui that the macOS provides you with, you can actually change the standard, default, built in icons and change them into something even better. For example, i recently was looking to spice up my external miniStack and OMC Express drive icon to something that represented what the drive actually looks like on my computer desktop. Thats when I came across this link from OWC:
Here they have all sorts of icons you can use and they are completely FREE. To use one of these icons on your Mac, simply do this:
- On the desktop, right-click the hard drive whose icon you wish to change.
- From the pop-up menu, select Get Info.
- In the Get Info window that opens, you'll see a thumbnail view of the drive's current icon in the top left-hand corner of the window.
- Click the thumbnail icon once to select it.
- Press command + v or select 'Paste' from the Edit menu.
- The icon you copied to the clipboard earlier will be pasted onto the selected hard drive's icon as its new icon.
- Close the Get Info window.
- Your hard drive will now be displaying its new icon!
Hope someone finds this 'stash' if icons of use!
Post a Comment