Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Classic gaming is back! My Atari 2600

OK, so I've had this old Atari 2600 game in my basement for about 5 years after scoring it in a local Goodwill. Unfortunetly it didn't work after I bought it, so I slowly started troubleshooting it (by slow I mean 5yrs worth of slow) and finally got it working just a few days ago!

Thanks for a few sites such as AtariAge.com and Atari-Garage.com, I was able to identify it as a possible power issue. So after testing the one that came with it with a multimeter, I identified that the AC adapter was bad. I bought a new adapter and walla!, the ol' 2600 woodie fired up!

Now all I have to do is start scoring some of the classics such as Pitfall, Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-man, Joust, Dig Dug, Barnstormer and It will be all good.

Maybe even some day I'll sent it in somehere and get it modified with s-video and component audio/vidio out!!

Man I feel like its 1983.

No comments:

Post a Comment